Effective Date: February 2021
- “California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’)” means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
- “General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’)” means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- “Australia Privacy Act” means the Australian Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles, that governs the standards, rights, and obligations around the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information of Australian residents.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Account” means a Client’s password-protected access point to Donate2 via web browser.
- “Client(s)” means an individual, company and/or organization that signs up for a paid Plan for access and use of Donate2.
- “Transaction(s)” means monetary donations or purchases made to Clients by End Users through Donate2.
- “End User(s)” means any individual, company, and/or organization that elects to make a Transaction with a Client through a Donate2 or Stream2 Form.
- “Plan” means a monthly or yearly subscription entered by Clients for access and use of Donate2.
- “You / Your / You’re” means Client(s).
- “Form Link(s)” means a URL link or QR Code that can be deployed after creating a Form with whatever marketing techniques Client’s use to solicit Transactions.
- “Third-Party Supported Platform(s)” means the third-party tools that may integrated with the Donate2, which include, but are not limited to, ActiveCampaign, Tessitura, Stripe, Prospect2, WordPress, TypeForm Video Ask, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and other integrations as described on the Donate2 website at www.donate2.com. Note that these Third-Party Supported Platforms are subject to change at any time.
- “Services” means access to Donate2, via a Client account, that are ordered by and paid for by Client under a Plan and made available by L2 Interactive, including user guides, documentation, help/training materials, and support provided by L2 Interactive, but expressly excluding any “Third-Party Supported Platform(s)” (as defined herein).
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect.
L2 Interactive collects the following Personal Information from Clients:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Company or Organization name;
- Billing address;
- Email address;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to Donate2 directly or indirectly.
L2 Interactive does not collect and permanently store any Personal Information from End Users. You can learn more about how we handle Buyer Personal Information in the section below entitled “Personal Information Transfer and Storage.”
In addition, L2 Interactive collects the following Personal Information from site visitors and Clients of Donate2:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of Donate2, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to Donate2.
3. Cookies & Similar Technologies
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate Donate2 and use its features.||Donate2 has required cookies in order to operate. These cookies are essential to operate Donate2 and therefore no option to opt out of these cookies exists that would still allow you to use Donate2.|
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Website is used, including the number of visitors, where Donate2 visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Website.
|To manage the use of functional cookies on Donate2, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt out of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
To learn more about how Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Website visit here.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
|Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to Donate2. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
We may also use Google AdWords as a tool to acquire relevant new clients who are looking for our service and Google AdSense to show our clients other relevant advertising that may assist them while they are using our site.
4. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information.
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Information for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you with Donate2 and services related to facilitating Transactions.
5. How L2 Interactive Uses Your Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information based upon the legal basis of Users’ consent to provide you with Donate2, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with Donate2, and update you regarding changes to Donate2 and any services offered through Donate2.
By using Donate2, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Information:
- Enable your use of Donate2 and its associated services;
- Provide, maintain, customize, and improve Donate2 and our services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Facilitate machine learning to determine and predict patterns in Donation amounts;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within Donate2;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support or administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Customize and/or tailor Donate2 and your user experience;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Advertise products and services of L2 Interactive;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within Donate2;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- Provide you with information concerning L2 Interactive’s benefits or services;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by L2 Interactive and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions; and process/deliver any entries/rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of L2 Interactive and others;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other L2 Interactive applications and/or services.
6. Sharing of Your Personal Information.
L2 Interactive Shares Your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where L2 Interactive has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with Donate2, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third-parties who assist us in operating Donate2, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with L2 Interactive’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where L2 Interactive has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Information is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of L2 Interactive;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where L2 Interactive is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
7. Personal Information Shared With Third-Parties.
We often need to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, research companies and analytics and security providers) to help us operate and provide the Services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
L2 Interactive may share your Personal Information with the following third-parties:
8. No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
You may have the option of integrating Donate2 with other services, technologies or Third-Party Supported Platforms on your desktop, permitted websites and/or your mobile phone (collectively, the “Third-Party Service”). For example, we may offer you integrations that provide you with additional functionality. These integrations may require you to input personal information or access or use personal information. These integrations may (i) check for updates automatically and transmit your information to their server and/or engine; (ii) send information entered into or accessed by the technology to its server and/or engine; and (iii) be visible to the public if embedded on publicly available web pages (such as social networking webpages), depending on the policies of that website.
The Third-Party Services affiliated with L2 Interactive have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if L2 Interactive deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a Third-Party Services or other third-parties database. L2 Interactive has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by L2 Interactive to provide you with the services associated with Donate2.
L2 Interactive may include or offer third-party products or services on Donate2 and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. L2 Interactive has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of Donate2 and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
9. Personal Information Transfer and Storage.
Personal Information provided through use of Donate2 is stored and processed on computers and servers depending upon the location of the Client. L2 Interactive utilizes tools such as Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) Cloud to ensure that Personal Information collected is stored on servers in these geographical areas: the United States, European Union (“EU”), European Economic Area (“EEA”), and Australia.
If you do not reside in one of these locations, you understand and agree that any Personal Information provided through Donate2 is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of Donate2, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Information to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Information in the United States. When your Personal Information is transferred to the United States and other countries, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. Any international transfers of your Personal Information will be done in accordance with applicable law.
When Transactions are processed through Donate2, L2 Interactive receives information from its Third-Party Supported Platform, Stripe, which is then turned into a checkout in another Third-Party Supported Platform, Tessitura. During this brief time frame, L2 Interactive handles Buyer Personal Information as transient data. In circumstances where there is an error processing the Donation, L2 Interactive may hold this Personal Information for longer as is practical and reasonable. At any time while handling this Personal Information as transient data, L2 Interactive only has access to the Buyer’s name, Donation amount, and sometimes address and phone number, but L2 Interactive never handles Buyer credit card information.
10. Personal Information Security.
L2 Interactive uses standard technology to store and help prevent unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Information, L2 Interactive uses specific security measures when transmitting data, specifically TLS v1.2 protocol, to encrypt information sent to and from Donate2. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
11. Personal Information Data Breach Notification.
In the event of a data security breach that impacts the Personal Information of Donate2 Clients or End Users (as transient data), L2 Interactive will notify the Client of such a breach without undue delay. After L2 Interactive notifies the Client of a data security breach, it is then the responsibility of the Client to notify any End Users that Client collected Personal Information from pursuant to use of Donate2.
12. EU Clients’ Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Clients located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on Donate2. Accordingly, L2 Interactive recognizes the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Information concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, fulfilment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
If you are an EU Client to whom the GDPR applies and have a concern about our processing of your Personal Information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see here.
13. California Clients’ Rights.
Under the CCPA, California Clients have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that L2 Interactive disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Have Personal Information Deleted: You have the right to request that L2 Interactive delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: L2 Interactive does not sell Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: L2 Interactive shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request to L2 Interactive by contacting L2Interactive at email@example.com.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that L2 has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting L2 Interactive at the address below.
14. Australian Clients’ Rights
15. Purchase or Sale of Donate2 or Other Assets.
16. How To Stop L2 Interactive from Collecting, Using, and/or Sharing your Personal Information.
You can stop L2 Interactive from collecting your Personal Information by cancelling your Account. Alternatively, to limit the collection of some Personal Information, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques. Please note that by adjusting web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies, you may not be able to utilize Donate2.
By visiting your Account settings, you can access, correct, change and delete certain Personal Information associated with your Account. In certain cases where we process your Personal Information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to request the deletion of your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in machine-readable format.
17. Your Obligations.
When using Donate2, you are obligated to inform L2 Interactive of any changes to your Personal Information.
18. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
Donate2 is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and L2 Interactive does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, L2 Interactive takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to Donate2 or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by L2 Interactive, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from L2 Interactive’s database.
19. Contact and Notices.
Lynch, Incorporated d/b/a L2 Interactive
792 West Bartlett Rd.
Bartlett, Illinois 60103